Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pastel disaster....

Oh dear... for the midweek throwdown with my friends at Operation Write Home it's a color challenge....well and as you can tell my my title...it's all about PASTEL.  Let me just tell you... I don't really do pastels... not really into the soft subtle colors that often scream spring.  While I love spring don't get me wrong... I prefer a darker brighter color...and my disaster of a card proves that!  I am hoping someone out there misses someone that will enjoy this card!  Hoping to be back later in the week with a card from the fun sketch challenge and perhaps another pastel... we shall see...don't hold your breathe friends :) But I do think the shape is super cute... a redeeming factor!


5 comments:

Jen M said...

I love the shape and I don't think it's a disaster! :) My husband would say we all made old lady cards this week, LOL - no offense intended to any older crafters! That stamp is really pretty!

Jen said...

I also don't think your results were a disaster. You may not be used to the colors, but the card is eye catching (caught mine). I didn't know you were on Mary's design team. I watch her YouTube channel regularly!

Linda said...

It is def not a train wreck...try it in another color combo and see if you like it better... I like to work out of my comfort zone...it is like stretching!

Sybrina K said...

I, too, struggled with this color challenge. But, I really like what you did.

Paula S. said...

I think the color combo works very nicely together and I like the curve too. It adds a nice bit of interest. I think we all tend to be hard on ourself when we feel we're working out of our normal comfort zone. This turned out nice!