Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thanks A Melon

I had to play with my Simply Charmed cartridge---I'm not completely sure I love all the faces but I'm hoping once I get my Gypsy I will be able to omit the faces completely!  I do love many of the options on this cartridge.  This card was one I created for ABC Challenge and Cricut Cardz Challenge.  The theme for the ABC Challenge is P is for Pearl-- I love using pearls on my cards!  And the Challenge at Cricut Cardz was to make a tall card... I decided to make a long card :) 

I used my stamps from My Pink Stamper again tonight and I LOVE how this card came together.  I did cut it a little bit so I did have to chop off some of the top of my watermelon-- oh well nothing a little scissors couldn't handle. 

I must say I love the idea I had when it came to determining the background for my oval-- I was planning to use a scallop oval but it didn't look right so I was digging around and the piece left over from the red cut of the watermelon was perfect!!  So I trimmed it off of the full sheet and viola!

Recipe:
Cricut Cut: Simply Charmed
Paper: SU! and the red gingham is from Making Memories
Stamp: My Pink Stamper
Other stuff: Pearls

10 comments:

Shelly said...

Very Cute! TFS!

Kristin said...

Adorable!!!I love that cut, and the papers match perfectly!! Thanks for joining us at CCC!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

aaaawwww Sarah...such a cute card, and that face is just so sweet! Love your card, makes me wish for summer.

AN said...

Oi-niin kaunis ja raikas konaisuus-pidän paljon kortistasi!
Meillä täällä Suomessa sataa lunta ja myrskyää-huh--tulisi jo kevät-
Kiitos kun osallistuit ABC-haasteeseen tällä viikolla!
toivotan onnea suloisen leimasimen arvontaan-!

Janis Lewis said...

This is my kind of card! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at CCC. :) Janis DT#2

Bea said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge this week

Bea

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! This came out soooo stinkin' CUTE! What a great card! Thanks for joining us over at Cricut Cardz! :o)
Theresa CCC DT

mum of two said...

What a great "tall" card! That watermaelon is so cute! Yeah - hide contour is one of the best features on the Gypsy. You will love it! Thanks for playing with us this week and CCC :)

michelle DT#2
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

crazy for cricut said...

Love it!reminds me of summer! Hug! Dina

Nap Time Creation said...

Love the watermelon... sooo cute!