Sunday, April 3, 2011

Oh my...

Oh my...I have to admit I cursed a lot while I was working on this card.  UGH!  So I have been working with a friend to challenge ourselves on many levels--aside from just participating in challenges :)  She had shared a link with me about making some ribbon flowers-- well I decided to make my ribbon flower as the sun instead of a flower.  Along with that tutorial there was also a tutorial on making your own glue dots-- well I was NOT at all successful in creating the dots.  I was super excited and let them dry...I went to make my "flower" and it turned out okay...but when I went to take the glue dot off the paper ummmm it didn't come off at all.  I used parchment paper as the instructions stated but for me it didn't work.  The dot was great but the removal from the paper not so much. 

I created this card for a challenge over at Celebrate the Occasion.  The theme for their challenge is "New House."  I used a pre-made card for the card base from DCWV and the house is a cut from the Create-A-Critter cartridge. 

The Deets!
Cricut Cartridge Cut: Create-A-Critter
Paper: SU for solid, striped pre made card from DCWV
Ribbon: from my stash
Other: brad from M's, MS grass punch 

16 comments:

Pat N. said...

Very cute!

Kim said...

Hope this helps!! I love your Sun! :):) Cute card!
~Kim

Melissa said...

Very pretty, I love the colors you chose and your flower is just perfect! Thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

Adrian said...

Very cute, love the color. Thanks for playing @ CTO!

girlia said...

love the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

Sherrie K. said...

Cute card and I think the flower turned out great!! I would love to learn how to make one:)
Sherrie K
sherriescraps.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

Great card! I love the flower on the side too. Thanks for playing at CTO!

Unknown said...

You have a great card. I love the flower. Thanks for playing with us at CTO

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I really love your sun, it came out adorable, great card!! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Aim said...

Love your sun 'flower'!! It really looks cute!! Great colors!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!! Hope you'll join us again for the next challenge!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

I have that cart. and I had no idea thatwas on it! lol - great card :)
-Paper Panther cto dt
purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

Lisa Norris said...

What fun, bright colors! Thanks for playing along this week at CTO!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Maquel said...

Bright colors are so fun!! And that ribbon sun is worth all the effort you put in it!! Adorable! Thanks for joining us at CTO!!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Fun, bright colors,I love it!! Your "sun"flower turned out great :) Thanks for playing along at CTO

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of work :) Your card turned out really cute though, good job! Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!

-Rayna
http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Super cute... love the colors..

Thanks for playing with us at CTO

Ivette-DT