Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Side Steppin' Skunk

Today the new tutorial at  SCS  was how to create a side-step card.  So I decided to try my hand at this-- I'd don't a step type card before but never one in which the steps were off to the side.  I admit I kinda like it.  I of course had to include a little critter from my favorite cartridge.  I will be sending this little cutie off to my friend Jackie--I hope she likes it....I'm guessing she'll probably see it on here before it makes it to her in the mail. 

I used some random cardstock I had lying around the pink base is some retired fushia from SU! and the green was a random strip--I used one of my favorite punches for the grass--gotta love Martha.  And the sentiment is from My Pink Stamper.  I am pleased to report my bestie is slowing becoming addicted to MPS!  Love it!  I also had to bling out my skunk...she's even holding a bling flower with matching earrings!!  I do feel like a little something is missing on the top part of the tall side but nothing in my stash seemed to fit and I thought if I cut out clouds that would be overkill!

8 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

So, so cute! Love that little stinker, especially against that hot pink background! I think it's perfect...but what about a cute little butterfly or dragonfly in that space? I know your friend is gonna love this card...the sentiment is perfect!

Ashley said...

I just love this card and the colors you used! TFS!

♥Ashley

Cricutjunkie said...

Sara, she is sooooo cute. Your friend is going to love it. TFS Traci

Jackie said...

I LOVE it!! Thank you :) I have been so busy the last couple of days that I saw it in person first!

Jayne said...

Hi love your card especially the cute skunk!Bit of a grass fiend and think I need that MS grass punch!!I am a new follower.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What an adorable card!

Momo sent me, and I am now a follower.

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

This is adorable, Sarah! I love those little earrings - and the green grass looks so sharp against the pink!

Nita said...

This is seriously the cutest card ever! I'm your newest follower. :)

Nita
niftynitanotes.blogspot.com