Saturday, May 5, 2012

OWH Virutal Card Making Party!

I'm being a rebel and joining the other over at OWH for their virtual card making party this weekend. They are being rebels by creating cards for National Scrapbook Weekend-- heck that works for me...I am NOT a scrapper at all!  There are 4 challenges up right now and I think you should dig out your supplies and make some cards for OWH!

The first challenge is to do some paper piecing-- love doing that!  I might have to go back and do a little repair work on my airplane as it popped up the plane and thinking it over I should glue it down so it survives its travels!


For the the third challenge we are using food as our main image.  I was dying to use my new Joy's Life Stamp and cricut!  It turned out pretty okay...almost looks good enough to eat.  For each of my cards I also used a different OWH sketch challenge!  I was trying to avoid using the same ole sketch!



6 comments:

Lisa Oliver said...

Both cards are adorable Sarah! So happy to see you have joined in the fun! Funny how we make a card for one challenge and end up using elements of later challenges - your first card also meets the 4th challenge. :)

Looking forward to seeing more of your cards.

Kathryn said...

Adorable, as always. I was looking for a sentiment today that said, "flying by to say hi" as I don't think I have one and it would have gone well with an idea I had in mind. I love the patterns you used on the first card and that pie card would be great for Thanksgiving. :)

Unknown said...

Your cards are so cute! I haven't had breakfast yet and you are already making me think of sweets LOL. I love the circles and plaid combo on the first card.

Operation Write Home said...

Love them both, Sarah! The darling kite uses great papers that work with your background, and the sentiment on the pie card made me giggle :) :) :)

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks for joining in my paper piecing Challenge for the Be a Rebel VCMP! Yours is just the second time I've seen that cute paper airplane stamp and I must have it! Love how you used it. Yummy pumpkin pie card, too! Enjoy the rest of the VCMP!

Donna Nuce said...

The pie card is fabulous! Love the pun.